You can find great local Toronto, Ontario real estate information on Localism.com Frank Bott is a proud member of the ActiveRain Real Estate Network, a free online community to help real estate professionals grow their business.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Was It Really There All Along?

Have you ever walked through your neighbourhood and noticed an establishment for the first time without realizing that it had been there forever? Linda and I had to attend a visitation last night for a friend who's father had just died and we were getting home around 8:30 without having eaten. We went down to Greektown here in Toronto along the Danforth and decided we'd try a restauarant we hadn't been in before.

Pan on the Danforth has a very unassuming front and is a smaller restaurant for the neighbourhood. I knew of it because Zelinde Kaiser in my office often uses it to cater lunch for her agent open houses. We walked through the door and into a part of the past that I thought was long gone. Pan is an establishment where they actually dim the lights, have candles on the tables, tablecloths and cloth napkins. There was a live bazouki player for much of the evening and a live belly dancer who started with a candelabra of lit candles gracing her head (I hope they were the dripless variety!).

I spent years in the restaurant business having owned three myself and I can say that the service was unlike anything I have experienced in years. It was unhurried and thoughtful. Anyone working the floor would respond to you. The servers were happpy, taking time to dance with the belly dancer and they were all led by co-owner Soula who took a moment for every table in the restaurant.

They have a prix fixe menu for $25-. Linda had mussels, New York steak and rice pudding. I had calamari, crusted salmon and creme caramel. With coffee and wine, dinner was about $100-.

We have a new favourite restaurant!

Pan on the Danforth, 516 Danforth Avenue, Toronto
416.466.8158

*Make a reservation, you'll need one!

No comments: