Yesterday I attended the first in a series of classes facilitated by RE/MAX Hallmark co-owner Debra Bain designed to help Realtors grow their business to "the next level".
I have been fortunate that in my three years with Hallmark, I have been exposed to a large group of people who take that message to heart. The first day I spent with this company, I attended the opening of a kitchen at First Nations School here in Toronto. Agents from Hallmark diligently raised about 50,000 dollars to support building a kitchen so they could then volunteer at a breakfast program there (the school didn't have a kitchen to support a breakfast program). I have volunteered for the breakfast program since and enjoy getting out Wednesday mornings to attend and help out. It boosts my day.
We raised thousands of dollars during a stationary bike-a-thon for Juvenile Diabetes and I anticipate greater involvement this year.
This week the company got together and had a great time bowling, drinking, partying etc. and gave Big Brothers and Big Sisters a cheque for in excess of $30,000-.
Collectively, we have given over a million dollars to The Hospital for Sick Children here in Toronto through the Children's Miracle Network.
So what does all this have to do with "the next level". Whether you are Carolyn Griffis (Children's Breakfast Program), James van der Borgh (Juvenile Diabetes), Harvey Malinski (Friends for Life Bike Rally for Toronto People With AIDS), John Kennedy (Big Brothers/ Big Sisters) the common thread is people who are successful (and very busy) using their organizational skills and connections to help other people. I'm proud to be associated with people like this who work hard every day and have an impact on the world around them. Their passion is inspiring.
There is a direct correlation between business and civic success, my own success has been the result of constant exposure to people like this and I am happy to continue my climb to "the next level".

You can find great local Toronto, Ontario real estate information on Localism.com Frank Bott is a proud member of the ActiveRain Real Estate Network, a free online community to help real estate professionals grow their business.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment